This journey is not easy. Our team and volunteers have also experienced pregnancy after loss. We can relate to your experience of being anxious, feeling hesitant to connect with baby, feeling disconnected from baby, or worried about upcoming loss anniversary’s while being pregnant. You might be reading this asking yourself
“If I don’t connect with my baby now, I won’t be as devastated if I lose them this time…”
“I don’t think I’ve had time to truly grieve my previous loss.”
“I don’t want this baby to be a ‘replacement’ baby, I want them to be their own person…”
We have been where you are. We are here to support you on your path toward healing. Below is a list of healing resources that our team members have accessed, or wish that they had access to, after their loss.
- Reading stories of loss may help to reduce feelings of anxiety, fear, or loneliness. Although no one will truly understand how you feel right now, you may find some stories relatable to your own experience being pregnant again after loss. You are not alone. Our community includes people who have a shared experience of being pregnant after loss.
- Connect in real-time with other bereaved parents from our community who have walked this path. Our pregnancy loss support line is accessible seven days a week, 9am-11pm MST. Our volunteers have also experienced loss and are trained to listen to you and honour both your current pregnancy and non-living baby, infants or children.
- Join our peer groups. Our groups are facilitated by mental health professionals and people who have also experienced loss and pregnancy after loss. Join us once month to connect with others who are also pregnant after their loss. We recommend joining the pregnancy after loss group.
- Book a session with our mental health practitioners with Aditi or Kirsten to take care of your mental, emotional and spiritual health throughout your pregnancy. Sessions are designed to meet you wherever you are along your journey. During sessions you will develop tools to help you navigate life after loss.
- Book a somatic healing session with our practitioners. These services focus on healing your physical body and include reflexology, acupuncture, yoga or an appointment with our registered Midwife, Tamara for a pregnancy after loss assessment. All somatic sessions are virtually facilitated at this time.
- Read our blog post about ritualizing your loss. Developing a ritual while being pregnant after loss may help you remember and care for and honour both of your baby’s.