This journey is not easy. Our team and volunteers have also experienced difficulty when trying to conceive after loss. We can relate to your experience of feeling hopeless, worried about the future, distrustful of our own bodies, or unsure of how we will add a new member to our family. You might be reading this asking yourself “what now?” We have been where you are. We are here to support you on your path toward healing.
Below is a list of healing resources that our team members have accessed, or wish that they had access to, after their loss.
- Reading stories of loss may help to reduce feelings or loneliness, or isolation. Although no one will truly understand how you feel right now, you may find some stories relatable to your own experience of loss. Our community includes people who have also struggled to conceive or add to their family after loss.
- Connect in real-time with other bereaved parents from our community who have walked this path. Our pregnancy loss support line is accessible seven days a week, 9am-11pm MST. Our volunteers have also experienced loss and are trained to listen to you and support you throughout your journey when trying to conceive.
- Join our peer groups. Our groups are facilitated by mental health professionals and people who have also experienced loss. Join us weekly in a closed group to connect with others along your journey. We recommend joining the next steps after loss groups, one is held in MST and available to Alberta residents only, and the other one is held in EST and is available to folks outside of Alberta.
- Book a session with our mental health practitioners to take care of your mental, emotional and spiritual health throughout your grief journey. Sessions are designed to meet you wherever you are along your journey. During sessions you will develop tools to help you navigate life after loss.
- Book a somatic healing session with one of our practitioners. These services focus on healing your physical body and include reflexology, acupuncture, yoga or an appointment with our registered Midwife, Tamara for a post-loss assessment. All somatic sessions are virtually facilitated at this time.
- Read the book “Patiently Waiting for Hope” by Arnold Henry. Email us to purchase a copy. We have copies available for purchase.