Shaw Birdies for Kids presented by AltaLink
Fundraising is now over
Help us fund Siblings In Loss programming so that families can continue to access grief support for absolutely free.
Thanks to our friends at Shaw, all donations made through the Shaw Birdies for Kids presented by AltaLink program will be donated in full to PILSC. In addition, Calgary Shaw Charity Classic Foundation will match up to 50% the donated amount!
The Shaw Charity Classic is being held from August 3rd to August 7th 2022, but fundraising will continue from now right through until the end of August
(All donations are eligible for a tax receipt)
The Shaw Charity Classic aims to bring much needed dollars to local youth charities while providing Calgary with a world-class professional sporting event accessible to families
Learn more at shawcharityclassic.com
The donation deadline is August 30th at midnight MT.
The tournament is from August 3rd to August 7th
Yes! Please donate using the link above
No! The 50% matching promise, however, may be limited, so keep that in mind
Shaw Foundation will provide a receipt to you as long as you follow the donate button above
Yes! This event has some amazing history:
- 2013: Inaugural Shaw Charity Classic contributed $2.2 million to southern-Alberta charities, which was the largest Champions Tour donation in history at the time
- 2014: We topped our record-setting donation in 2013, by contributing $2.4 million to southern Alberta children & youth charities
- 2015: Introduced a new charitable initiative, Birdies for Kids presented by AltaLink, that raised $2.3 million alone, increasing our 2015 total tournament charitable contribution to $3.9 million
- 2016: Raised $3.7 million through Birdies for Kids presented by AltaLink, for a total 2016 tournament. Charitable contribution of $5.2 million.
- 2017: Raised $6.9 million through Birdies for Kids presented by AltaLink for a total 2017 tournament. Charitable contribution of $8.2 million.
- 2018: Raised $11 million through Shaw Birdies for Kids Presented by AltaLink for a total 2018. Charitable contribution of $12.3 million and $34 million since 2013
- 2019: Raised $12 million through Shaw Birdies for Kids Presented by AltaLink for a total 2019. Charitable contribution of $14 million and $48 million since 2013
- 2020: Despite not being able to come together physically for the tournament due to COVID-19, $10.6 million was raised through Shaw Birdies for Kids Presented by AltaLink for a total 2020 charitable contribution of $12.5 million and $61 million since 2013.
- 2021: The Shaw Charity Classic returned in record fashion in 2021 with Canadians chipping in to raise $14, 797,827 for 233 children’s charities across Alberta.